Welcome to your live thread for tonight's United States Women's National Team match-up with England! The game kicks off the SheBelieves Cup for the U.S., who is playing in this tournament as opposed to the usual trip to Portugal for the Algarve Cup.
Under the new crest, the Yanks will face some of the top teams in the world, including Germany and France in addition to tonight's match against England. The game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay is the first game for the U.S. since the team clinched a berth in Rio this coming August.
The English will be a huge step up in competition from what the USWNT has played recently–aside from Canada last time out. Many will remember that the Three Lionesses were a heartbreaking own goal away from a trip to last year's World Cup final before knocking off giants Germany for third. One reason for the recent English success is a stingy defense, which will test the Yanks' attacking prowess. Orlando Pride forward Alex Morgan will be the main target up front and a few goals in this tournament will be a real confidence booster as we draw closer to the beginning of the NWSL season. Pride goalkeeper Ashlyn Harris is also on the roster but will likely be on the bench.
Teenage phenom Mallory Pugh is someone else to keep an eye on tonight. Coach Jill Ellis gave the UCLA commit a couple starts in CONCACAF Olympic qualifying and getting another start against England would be the biggest game Pugh has been in during her extremely young career.
This tournament is a chance for the Stars and Stripes to play three of the top five teams in the world. These chances do not come by too often and it all starts tonight in a game U.S. fans will not want to miss!
How to Watch:
Match Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
Venue: Raymond James Stadium — Tampa Bay, FL
Live Stream: Fox Sports GO
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with our supporters. If you are new, welcome to our happy home! While you are here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no illegal streams, they can get us in trouble and nobody wants that.
- Try not to be “that guy” who does nothing but spit venom at the team. Being critical is fine — every team can be frustrating to watch sometimes — but constantly being too negative can diminish the fun for others.
- Keep it clean and fair when criticizing officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Treat others in the match thread as you would like to treated in the thread. We are a fun community and would like to keep it that way. There is a moderator, but we’d rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Lastly, while we do not have any rules against profanity, do not abuse this non-rule. Any language that is sexist, racist or homophobic will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We are all in this together.
Enjoy the game. Go USA!