Welcome to your live thread for tonight's United States U-23 Men's National Team Olympic qualifier against Colombia. The U.S. is looking to qualify the hard way for Rio this August after failing to do so last October.
The team will be looking to avoid missing the Olympics for the second straight time, but getting there will not be easy. The two-leg series will force U.S. youngsters like Jordan Morris, Matt Miazga and Julian Green to step up in order to get the Yanks through.
In tonight's road leg, expect the U.S. to absorb pressure from a Colombian side which is very comfortable taking the game to its opponents early on, before trying to find Morris on the end of a counterattacking move. A road goal would take a huge amount of pressure off of the U.S. heading to the second leg in Frisco, TX, on Tuesday.
There is a ton of talent on this U-23 roster — far more than just the three players mentioned above. In order for some of these players to make it to the senior team full time, they have to step up in tough games like this. The senior team will take on Guatemala later on tonight, and this game is a chance to get a glimpse of the future of U.S. soccer as the Yanks fight to get to Rio.
How to Watch:
Match Time: 5 p.m. ET
Venue: Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Melendez — Barranquilla, Colombia
Live Stream: FOX Sports GO
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with our supporters. If you are new, welcome to our happy home! While you are here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no illegal streams, they can get us in trouble and nobody wants that.
- Try not to be “that guy” who does nothing but spit venom at the team. Being critical is fine — every team can be frustrating to watch sometimes — but constantly being too negative can diminish the fun for others.
- Keep it clean and fair when criticizing officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Treat others in the match thread as you would like to treated in the thread. We are a fun community and would like to keep it that way. There is a moderator, but we’d rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Lastly, while we do not have any rules against profanity, do not abuse this non-rule. Any language that is sexist, racist or homophobic will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We are all in this together.
Enjoy the game. Go USA!