We’ve finally got an Orlando City SC game day to talk about, after what seems like ages. It may be only a preseason friendly, but this is the first match as an MLS team for the Lions, who face D.C. United at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL.
I gave you the lowdown on what to expect this morning. The short version: No Brek Shea, Kaka, Eddie Johnson, Bill Hamid, Steve Birnbaum or Perry Kitchen. We should see just about every healthy body today for 30-45 minutes.
Although we were told tonight's game would consist of three 30-minute segments, rather than the usual 45-minute halves we're used to, the official D.C. United account said otherwise this afternoon.
— D.C. United (@dcunited) January 30, 2015
Head Coach Adrian Heath said he wanted to get everyone about 45 minutes, but that some would get only around 30.
Here's the important info you need for tonight:
How to Watch
Match time: 7 p.m. (ET)
Venue: IMG Academy; Bradenton, FL
TV: No television coverage for this preseason friendly.
mlssoccer.com will have your live stream, according to this story in the Washington Post.
UPDATE: mlssoccer apparently not live streaming. the game. You can find it here instead.
Twitter: I'll be live tweeting regularly this evening (@ManeLandMichael) so give me a follow if you want to…er, follow along. This will be your best bet if your stream craps out on you.
Match thread rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. Our match thread rules haven't been well established yet, as we're still fairly new. If you're new as well, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be “that guy” who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It’s ok to be critical, and, let’s face it, sometimes the team can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we’d rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don’t have a rule against profanity but don’t abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We’re all in this together.
Enjoy the boys' return to action. Go City!