Good morning, Mane Landers. I hope the day finds you well. It’s an exciting day because we’ve got Orlando City playing tonight and it’s The Mane Land’s sixth anniversary! With that, let’s go ahead and jump into the links.
Final Nine OCSC Matches Announced
Major League Soccer announced the remaining games of the 2020 regular season yesterday. The final matches will see the Lions facing Inter Miami again, Atlanta United twice more, the New York Red Bulls, Columbus Crew, Nashville, and Montreal Impact. Counting the current run of three games in nine days, the Lions will enter the final week having played 11 matches in 44 days before finally having a “normal” match week.
The Lions are Climbing
Orlando City is continuing to shine following the MLS is Back Tournament. The club has climbed from fifth to fourth in the MLS Power Rankings, citing their goal-scoring, Pedro Gallese, and Antonio Carlos as big contributors. The biggest takeaway after 12 weeks, according to Steve Zakuani at mlssoccer.com, is the coaching.
“When a coach can get the very best out of an established superstar with the pedigree of Nani and a rookie like Daryl Dike at the same time, he must be given credit for his man management. There is lots to like about this team, but enough can’t be said about how much Oscar Pareja has changed things,” Zakuni wrote.
Kay Rawlins Named one of Florida Trend’s 500
Head of the Orlando City foundation, Kay Rawlins, was named as one of Florida Trend’s 500. The article discusses her work in the local community helping to fight childhood obesity with the community gardens and mini-pitches the foundation installs around the city. Her love for the club and the community continues to be recognized and appreciated.
USMNT Not Playing in October
The U.S. Soccer Federation announced that the USMNT will not hold training camps or play friendlies during the October international window because of the ongoing concerns with the coronavirus. The USSF is hopeful the men will play in November and is in the process of scheduling matches in Europe.
“Both players and staff are disappointed not to be able to get back on the field for the national team and continue the progress we have made as a group,” said U.S. men’s national team head coach Gregg Berhalter. “While COVID-19 continues to create challenges for us, we are confident we can find a way forward in the near future that will provide an opportunity to play matches in preparation for the important competitions next year.”
- Two Orlando Pride players are up for NWSL Save of the Week. Go to Twitter to vote for Ashlyn Harris or Carrie Lawrence. Click on the NWSL’s tweet below to visit it on Twitter and you’ll see the poll and a video with the candidates.
Make your voices heard 🗳
— NWSL (@NWSL) September 22, 2020
- Fictional coach Ted Lasso, shared his locker room jams. If you’re not watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV+, you’re really missing out.
My musical taste is a lot like the dirty clothes in my bedroom, all over the place. Here are some of my favorite jams to blast in the locker room. https://t.co/ouPLwAMHZH
— Ted Lasso (@TedLasso) September 22, 2020
- After a number of Leyton Orient players tested positive for COVID-19, their Carabao Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur will be rescheduled.
- Roma goes in the books with a 3-0 loss due to an ineligible player being submitted on their squad list.
- Luis Suarez is reportedly furious with Barcelona after they backtracked on a deal to let him leave for free after learning he was close to signing with Atletico Madrid.
- Tobin Heath wanted to “wear a badge that has weight and history,” as part of her decision to join Manchester United. Unfortunately, according to Twitter user @lis_ashlee, non-UK fans that ordered Heath and Christen Press kits are currently out of luck.
Not-UK fans who ordered Man Utd Christen Press or Tobin Heath kits are SOL. Just got an email that printing ran out of the numbers, with no estimated date for restock. I’m having 2019 Nike flashbacks.
— Elisabeth Schendel (@lis_ashlee) September 22, 2020
- After a fan’s homemade kit goes viral, Wolves send him an authentic one.
Wolves have sent this fan a new away shirt after his homemade version went viral 😂👏
(via AlanCox/Facebook) pic.twitter.com/GcNBHHNbSl
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) September 22, 2020
- Extratime discussed the USMNT and why Jordan Morris deserves to start, Jozy Altidore is the best no. 9, and more.
That’s going to do it for me this morning, everyone. Be sure to check back in with TML for all things Orlando City vs. Sporting Kansas City. Have a great day and stay safe!